Rock Management Services, LLC
Explosive Engineering & Commercial Blasting Experts
Led by Purdue graduate Kurt Gleason, Rock Management Services is a team of dedicated explosive engineers. Our number one priority is making sure your commercial blasting or mining project is executed safely. We believe that experience and education allow us to continually exceed the expectations of our clients. Rock Management Services has extensive experience in the areas of:
- Surface & strip mining
- Mass blasting including heavy/highway, industrial, institutional, municipal, commercial & private development sitework
- Line drilling, pre-splitting and cushion blasting
- "Close-in" urban blasting including foundations, pits, trenches & tunneling
Consulting services offered include:
- Training in the use of Electric / non-electric detonation systems and sequential blasting techniques
- C.E.C. instruction for Kentucky Blasters License renewal
- Analysis of current safety practices as well as development of site-specific safety plans
- Blasting plan preparation, implementation & monitoring
- Pre-blast survey preparation & post-blast follow up evaluation
- Blast design optimization and peak particle velocity prediction
- Post blast particle velocity and air-overpressure analysis
- Blasting record(s) analysis
- Explosive inventory system analysis
Expert Witness Services
Rock Management Services, LLC also offers expert witness services. Litigation experience includes commercial blasting disputes; surety bond related actions; damage and injury related actions.
Satisfied clients include:
- HTA Enterprises, Inc.
- Franklin Price, Inc.
- Naas & Sons, LLC
- Morgan, Madden, Brashear, Collins & Yeast, PLLC
- Mine Equipment & Mill Supply Co.
- Impact Drilling & Blasting, Inc.
- Martin Ogburn & Zipperle, PLLC
- Ackman, Lorenz, Gatlin & Voelker, PLLC
- URS Corporation, Inc.
- Cardali & Associates, PC
Please give us a call at (502) 817-4586 to learn more about Rock Management Services, LLC.
Licenses & Certifications
ATF License (18 U.S.C. Chapter 40)
MSHA Part 46 & 48 Certification
Office of Surface Mining Blaster Certification
KY Permit to Purchase or Receive Explosives
IN Regulated Explosive Use License
KY Dept. of Mines & Minerals Blasters License
IN Dept. of Natural Resources Certification
IN Dept. of Homeland Security License
Seismograph Operation Certification - Nomis
EIT Certification, Indiana
Proudly associated with the
"International Society of Explosive Engineers"